Friday 2 September 2011

Edward Deer does it again



I recently talked (hyped) about a cover released by Aussie indie-folk artist Edward Deer, of Miike Snow's dance number Animal. I hope you liked it as much as I did, it was a fresh change from the original. If you still haven't checked out my post, you can click this link here and check it out now, or you can read this and check it out after, or not at all, I'll leave that one up to you. So I can't even remember how I stumbled along that cover, but I thought hey, this guy has talent and so like you should right now I subscribed to his mailing system. Now I receive one song from Edward a month!

Last night/This morning Edward finished recording the 8th song that has been made available to subscribers, and emailed it out to all of his fans. I was impressed with Mr Deer's last song, but it was a cover song, so I was quite excited to hear some of his new solo material. Now just to put things into context: when the weather is rainy and stormy, I love to listen to folk jams, stuff like Fleet Foxes, Tallest Man on Earth, etc, etc, it seems to fit the mood perfectly! If you live in or around Perth, then you probably know that early this morning the weather was pretty dismal, perfect time for an indie folk song? You got it! Edward's new song Maree, is absolutely stunning, and I'm not just saying that because it fits with the weather.

Edward Deer's song begins with a nice little finger-picking intro, which continues blissfully throughout the entire song. It begins to build up as his voice hits your ears, and then the tap-along drums come along and you know we've got a winner on our hands. I think this song will charm many people over. My only problem, and I guess it is my problem not the song's, is that it feels like it ends way too early. Now that I mention it, I guess it's not really a problem at all, it just means that this song is a great song. I strongly urge you to head over to Edward's blog and grab his song, sign up for his and our mailing system and please leave a comment below with our new Facebook comment system so we can hear about your thoughts on Edward Deer and his new song Maree.


No comments:

Post a Comment