Blog Archive

Friday 19 August 2011

Miami Horror cover Under The Milky Way

Under The Milky Way is probably my favorite Australian song ever, done by the legendary band The Church. The song has been covered numerous times by Australian artists. Recently, Snickers held a promotion, where two Australian artists, Miami Horror and Phrase would cover another Australian song as voted in by viewers. Miami Horror encouraged fans to vote for The Church- Under The Milky Way, and they got exactly what they and I wanted. The cover was released today, and you can go to the snickers website to grab yourself a free version of both songs if you are one of the first 500 people.

Personally, I think Miami Horror have released a pretty ordinary cover of this song. This may largely be due to my high expectations of them, and I thought that they would add a great electro element to the song, which they quite frankly didn't do. The band still did an amazing job, pulling off a great cover, but I was expecting a little more. You can stream the song below, and if you like it go grab it from the Snickers website.



No comments:

Post a Comment