Blog Archive

Wednesday 17 August 2011

tUnE-yArDs Gangsta Gets Gangstered


OK, so I may be using this remix as an excuse to write about tUnE-yArDs, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. tUnE-yArDs is the brain child of Merrill Garbus, who released her second album this year called w h o k i l l, and it is absolutely amazing. The album is like a breath of fresh air, with Merrill making some of the most experimental and beautiful songs I have heard in quite a while. One of the best songs off the album (although every song is great), is her, what I call taking-the-piss song Gangsta. Just last night, Beastie Boy's Ad Rock released a remix of this song. Instantly, the song became a lot more 'gangsta,' and I quite enjoyed it, although I would refrain from telling you it's better then the original, you should definitely check out both versions below. If you are digging tUne-YaRds other songs, you should definitely check out some of their live stuff, it's amazing to see how it all gets put together at a live show. Although it may not mean much, before the Falls/Southbound line-up began getting released, the Falls twitter tweeted 'Loving lots of new music right now. Especially tUnE yArDs -who kill.' Now don't get too excited, but I definitely am.

tUnE-yArDs - Gangsta by ListenBeforeYouBuy

tUnE-yArDs - Gangsta (Ad-Rock Remix) by thisisfakediy


No comments:

Post a Comment